Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hanging out with Dante

Hello my faithful followers (sounds kind of like a cult leader, but i like it anyways), I am currently in Vienna. Across the street is the airport, where I will be boarding a plane to Düsseldorf in 14 hours. You see, today is my last day in Europe. Tomorrow I'll be arriving in Chicago where a friend of mine is picking me up and taking me to Milwaukee. I get to see my sister Megan for a couple hours in Milwaukee, and then I continue my journey to the West Coast. That's the future, though. Right now I'm in a place I think is similar to Purgatory. I'm neither here nor there. I'm in a hotel room by myself after having said goodbye to the last of my friends this morning in Klagenfurt. I'm planning on watching the soccer game this evening to pass some time, but that's about it. Tomorrow morning will be very early with my alarm set at 4:30. I'll land in Chicago some time tomorrow afternoon, and I imagine it will be strange. My experience in England was crazy because it was the first time in a couple months that I could understand everything. I can't imagine what it's going to be like in America when I will even be able to understand the people on the street because they're not talking in a crazy accent. Anyways, the point is that it's going to be weird. I guess I'm ready for it, though. I just want to leave this middle place I'm in right now. I'll let you know what's up in a couple days. It's time to rest and remember what just happened to me over the past 6 months. What a crazy time. I hate to think of the idea of me over time forgetting people, places, and events, but I know that no matter what, the experiences will be mine forever. What a crazy semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment