Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fußball

Today was monumental in my European career. I played my first soccer game. Last night, a friend of mine from Germany invited me to play in a soccer league on campus, so today I went to the student rec center and signed up. I had no clue what to expect. So, I went to the rec center again around 8:30 with my friend Linus. We walked around the building aimlessly because we didn't know where to go. Eventually, we found a locker room filled with men the size of giants who looked like they were ready to stop a fire or do something like kill a bear with their bare hands. That means that they were huge, at first glance. Maybe just because it was a really small locker room. We played for a couple hours, and let me tell you, it's almost impossible to think in a foreign language when you're out of shape and kaput. It was a lot of fun, though. I met some nice guys, all of them coming from Germany. We were on a team together. I think that the 15 euro I paid for the league is going to worth it at the end, not only because I get the chance to play, but also because I can see some good friends in the group. Other than learning a couple key words to use on the field, I also learned that I am entirely out of shape. I was dead. Time to stop eating so much chocolate, I guess. Tomorrow is Friday. TGIF.

1 comment:

  1. wish we could play some footy together. you gonna come back here or what? hope a is well thomas

    ReplyDelete