Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sometimes I like Che Guevara

I watched a movie called The Motorcycle Diaries a couple months ago. It's a great movie, very inspiring. The reason I like it is because throughout the entire movie, the main character, Ernesto de la Serna, is dedicated to bringing change to a world that went wrong a long time ago. His biggest passion is to unite all of South America; to create one body. That passion takes him across the entire continent on a motorcycle and later a floating raft with his friend. He meets people who are poor, sick, dying, communist, Catholic, and you can see that he leaves a large impact on each and everyone of them. He's all about starting a revolution to unite everybody.

I went through the whole movie thinking, "Wow, this guy is great. I want to be a revolutionary like him." That is, until the end of the movie. In the end, I, the person who didn't know who Ernesto de la Serna was, found out that the movie is actually the true story of Che Guevara.

Take a couple minutes to read this. It's an article written by a person I don't know about starting a revolution, one that I like a little more than Che's revolution. It comes from a website full of essays written by people like you and me. The writers are just people, and their words are just that, their words, nothing else. It's good to hear what people are thinking, though. That's why you are reading this. Ok, that's enough. Check it out.

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/worldview/features/19693-how-to-start-a-revolution

"A revolution without guns? It would never work." -Ernesto de la Serna

This statement was where Che Guevara went wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment