Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 2

I don’t plan on writing everyday like this, but I really have nothing else to do. I woke up this morning at 7:30 to my alarm. I had been sleeping since 8 pm the previous night, and when I woke up, I was still tired. First thing I did was go to the bathroom to shower. There is something you should know about the bathroom here. It is not like it is back home. I’m staying on the staff floor and using the staff bathroom. There is one room for the toilets and another for the showers. There are both girls and boys toilets in the one room, and there are only two showers in the other room along with washing machines. What that means is that there is a chance that somebody else may be using the bathroom at the same time as you, and that person just might be a girl. Every time I go in there, I check first to make sure there is nobody else in there, because I’m not quite sure on the rules. This morning, I had to shower, and I figured nobody else was here because I’m one of the only people who stays in the castle overnight. So I went in and showered and was about ready to get out when a lady came in to change her laundry. I thought that this must happen often because I had shut the door behind me and she had to have heard the shower going when she came in. I dried off and put the towel on to step out, and she looked at me in shock. The women quickly scurried out of the room, leaving me to feel like I had just done the worst thing ever. It was a good start to the day. I spent the next hours in search of breakfast, but apparently the kitchen is out of food because the DTS doesn’t start until Saturday, so I accepted the fact that my first meal would be lunch, in 5 hours. Staff members started arriving to the castle around 9, and the café opened up. I spent the morning in there reading and writing, talking to some of the new students and staff members. We talked about where we come from (everybody from the US), what music we like, and our own DTSs. They allowed me to eat some of their food, which they normally sell, and you can imagine how grateful I was to eat after thinking I wasn’t going to eat for 4 more hours. I spent most of the day in the café because I really had no clue what else to do. I didn’t want to come here just to bum around and take advantage of a place to stay, but there is all sorts of craziness happening in the castle this week because of the arrival of new students. After lunch, I washed the dishes, which reminded me of being back in San Francisco YWAM. It felt good to finally do something semi-worthy of paying the people back for all they had done for me so far. The dishes only lasted an hour though, so I was again left with nothing to do. I went back up to the café to write more. My journal is filling up fast. Around 5 pm, the staff left and they took all of the students with them into town. I was left alone in the castle again. I told myself that I wouldn’t eat dinner until 6, so I had some time to fill. As I was walking towards the café, where my new food is, I was stabbed in the chest by a foam sword. A little girl attacked me out of the dark and through a sword towards me, which I was supposed to defend myself with. I would’ve been a little more frightened by the jabbing had I not seen that the culprit was an 8-year old girl. We fought for about 10 minutes, the whole time she was actually trying to hit me while I was asking her questions that she refused to answer. After I told her I had to cook dinner, she let me proceed on my way to the kitchen. I checked out what was available for me to eat; it wasn’t stuff that I would normally get myself, but since it was given to me, I took whatever I could. I found in the refrigerator bread, chicken, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, tuna, butter, Gouda, peppers, caramel, and nutella. I made myself something I’ve never had before: two sandwiches
1. Bread, Swiss cheese, chicken, sliced tomatoes, caramel, and nutella.
2. Bread, Swiss cheese, caramel, and nutella.
Tasty. A real German diet, I’d say. We’ll see how I feel from eating the strange mixture in a little bit. Now, dinner is over and I’m again left with nothing to pass the time. My Internet time is limited, so I to ration it everyday. I think I might go through the woods again, now that I know the path. There are a couple old hidden bridges that are pretty neat. It’s pretty cold outside, but there’s nothing to do inside. I’m pretty sure there are wolves out in the forest too; we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment