Friday, January 22, 2010

TGIF

If you’ve been reading my recent posts, then you know that I’ve been writing less and less about what happens each day and more and more about what I think during the days. If I were to write what I thought today, I would be up all night. Today was a great day. It’s always a great day when you start off with worship. It’s kind of like waking up and saying, “Today really isn’t about me is it? It’s not about how I look, or what I do. It’s about something better.” That’s a good way to start a day. After singing, we finished up the rest of our introductory photo classes. Today’s classes dealt with developing film and what the point of taking pictures is. Soup was for lunch; lots of vegetables. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you something. Everyday, we have coffee break. The coffee is ok, but the thing that is really cool is that there are fruits also. Lots of fruit. Everyday, each of us eats a banana, orange, grapes, and apple. We eat lots of fruit. It makes my insides feel good. Lunch usually makes me feel good too. After lunch, I sat by a girl who was on staff at YWAM Afghanistan and had a talk. She asked me, funny enough, what my vision for the future was. When I heard her ask that, I laughed. Then I had to explain myself for laughing at her. I told her that I had just written a blog entry about that exact question, and then I answered that I don’t really know what my future looks like. I know that I will be a teacher, and I will probably be teaching in a place outside of the USA. We talked for a long time, and it was a very passionate conversation. Talks like that are very healthy and necessary for growth. It was challenging, and I believe it was beneficial for both of us. I’m very tired right now, so it’s hard for me to write. I feel like I’m letting you down because I think my writing is kind of crappy. I apologize. I’ve been waking up early and going to bed late. Tomorrow, I’m going with some students and staff to Dresden to hang out for the day. It’s about an hour away by train, and it only costs us 7 euro to get there. I’m excited to get out of this little town for a while and see a city. I will let you know how the day goes, and what the exciting parts were. Until then, have a great day. Don’t forget to smile, like I’ve said before. Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment